This is a license agreement between you and Boxist.com (Stock Photography) that explains how you can use our stock photos, illustrations, calligraphy, and vector designs that you license and you purchase from Boxist.com, By downloading any content from Boxist.com, you accept the terms of this agreement:
What types of other licenses we offer for our stock photos?
Boxist.com's offers various types of licenses: (Click here to Compare All Licenses). Every stock photo purchased from Boxist.com comes with a Standard license. An Extended or Enhanced license gives you additional benefits in exchange for an additional license fee. Unless you purchase an extended or enhanced license, your use of content is subject to the standard license terms.
How can I use the content under the Standard License?
You may use content in any way that is not restricted (see our You may NOT and Restricted Uses below). Subject to those restrictions and the rest of the terms of this license agreement.
The rights of the Standard License granted to you by Boxist.com are :
- Perpetual, meaning there is no expiration or end date on your rights to use the photos.
Non-exclusive, meaning that you do not have exclusive rights to use the photos, We license the same photos to other customers.
- Limited, meaning you can use the photos in a limited number of projects and in any media up to 100,000 copies (Extended License is up to 500,000 copies, and Enhanced License comes with unlimited number of copies).
- Non-transferable, The rights are non-sublicensable, meaning that you cannot transfer or sublicense them to anyone else unless you are purchasing images on behalf of your employer or client.
License Details: You understand that Content is copyrighted and owned by Boxist.com (Stock Photography), and any unauthorized use by you may be an infringement of such copyright, When the standard license is purchased and the payment is paid, these Terms and Conditions constitute a legal Agreement between You and WestLord Media grants You a nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, display, and distribute the Content according to the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
Some examples of how you can use standard licensed content include:
- Advertisements in newspapers, magazine, or other printed material.
- Websites, Blogs, and digital advertisements.
- For commercial or advertisement purposes in magazines and newspapers online or printed.
- In Books or on book covers, on CD and DVD covers, and in editorial content.
- In Editorial and Educational purposes: printed magazines, newspapers, editorials, newsletters.
- Online or electronic publications or uses, including web pages.
- Printed promotional projects including product packaging, catalogs, brochures, promotional greeting cards, up to 100,000 printed copies.
- Promotional postcards and promotional posters, but not as a products for resale.
- Prints and designs, posters, stationery items and other reproductions for personal or business use, but not as a products for resale
- Film and video presentations.
- Commercial film, motion pictures, movies or theatrical presentations, film, video, television series, advertisement, or other multimedia productions for distribution in any medium now known or hereafter devised (each a "Production"), without regard to audience size, provided the budget for any such Production does not exceed USD $1,000, for bigger budget you will need to purchase the extended or the enhanced license.
- In Design elements (Props & Scenery) in Television Broadcasts, Short Film & Full-length Film Productions.
- Online or electronic publications or uses, including web pages. Prints, posters, stationery items and other reproductions for personal or business use.
- As part of Marketing, advertising, or promotional materials, including print ads, mailers, handouts, and packaging.
- As part of an "Out-of-Home" advertising campaign, provided the intended audience for such campaign is less than 100,000 gross impressions, for more you will need to purchase the extended or the enhanced license.
- As a Digital advertisement (banners online or printed, etc).
- As a Design Elements on Software Applications for Resale (Mobile Apps, Programs and Applications)
- As a Screen Saver (corporate or personal use only).
- As a Connection with your business or entity, e.g. corporate identity documents, and letterhead.
- As a decor in an office, lobby, or public area, restaurant, or retail store.
- As a PowerPoint presentations and etc.
- As in Electronic distribution (not in its original but in its final form) or items for personal use or resale, including design elements or constituents in eBooks, licensed software, website templates, flash templates and document templates provided such use is not intended to allow the re-distribution or re-sale of the Content by another party.
- If the Content is to be used in an Editorial publication such as (but not restricted to) magazines, newspapers, textbooks, eBooks, printed material, online or multimedia CDs – Boxist.com Stock Photography grants You a nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use, reproduce, publish, display, and distribute the Content up to 100,000 copies aggregate (for quantities above this amount, you must purchase the extended or the enhanced license), you may not reproduce the content more than 100,000 times in physical print form. This restriction does not apply to electronic reproduction.
- Please also note that use of our photos on social networks is possible only: If the size is less than 1000 x 1000 pixels. and If the copyright information appears on the image itself.
- No Unlawful Use, You may not use content in a any unlawful manner.
- Using our stock photos in a pornographic, defamatory, or deceptive, misleading context, or in a manner that could be considered libelous, obscene, offensive, disgusting or illegal.
- Portraying any person depicted in photos in connection with any sensitive use.
- Limited print run. Unless you purchase an extended or enhanced license, you may not reproduce the content more than 100,000 times in physical print form.
- No Electronic templates for resale on websites, brochures, business cards, e-greeting cards, etc. Unless you purchase an extended or enhanced license, you may not use our stock photos in electronic or digital templates intended for resale or any other resale distribution.
- No Products for Resale. Unless you purchase an extended or enhanced license, you may not use content in connection with any goods or services intended for resale or distribution where the primary value lies in the content itself such apparel items greeting cards, printed paper products, calendars, apparel items, printed posters, CDs, DVDs, Phone Apps or other items for resale, or any other distribution for profit. Unless you purchase an extended or enhanced license, you may not use our stock photos in any Products for Resale.
- No "on demand" resale products (meaning products in which photos is selected by a third party for customization on such product on a made-to-order basis), including, without limitation, postcards, mugs, t-shirts, posters and other items (this includes the sale of products through custom designed websites.)
- You may NOT authorize any third party to use the Content for any purpose or resell, sublicense, or otherwise make available the Content for use or distribution separately or detached from a product or Web page.
- You may NOT Use the Content in any business or service competing with our business or service, including, but not limited to: Running or operating stock photography or stock content provider business, Distributing or adding the Content as material contained in a collection of contents such as CD, DVD, software or the like, Printing out or materializing the Content and distributing the same as material for users to use for any purpose, or Distributing the Content in any manner that users are permitted to make free alteration to the Content itself as material.
- No Standalone File Use, You may not use content in any way that allows others to download, or redistribute the photo as a standalone file (meaning just the photo file itself, separate from the project or the end use).
- No rights to display an original image file on sites/blogs in a large original image size (Contact support for any questions or any permissions).
- No Commercial use of images marked Editorial Use Only
- You cannot transfer the rights to photos, No sub-licensing allowed.
There may be other restrictions not listed here, or you may have a use that is acceptable that you may be unsure about. If you have specific questions, please contact the customer support prior to making your purchase.